Speak up. Speak out. Be heard.




Saturday, February 6, 2010

Radical Self Love Month!


Radical Self Love Month


Every now and then I'll pop my head into Gala Darling's world to see what she is up to. I'm not a big fan of fashion - I'm terrible at it truth be told, but I do appreciate Gala's overall mission. Allowing girls of all shapes and sizes, ages, and backgrounds to take a look at themselves and LOVE who they are. This is why I think her idea for Radical Self Love Month is pretty amazing. Here's a tid-bit from her blog:

"Distractions have their place but when they are never-ending, eventually they stop working…

As fun as it can be to have a boyfriend or girlfriend, go shopping or wear false eyelashes, life won’t really start to bloom until we’re comfortable with who we are. This is true every day, but becomes even poignant on Valentine’s Day, typically a celebration of someone else being in love with us.

So many of us are looking for someone else to fill a space, love & approve of us or take away our loneliness.

But whose love & approval is most important? Someone else’s? Or your own?" -Gala Darling via her Radical Self Love post




As a part of this months mission, she will be assigning homework and bringing up subjects of all sorts such as: "Girl love, body image, masturbation, jealousy, honoring & respecting yourself, positive self-talk, being assertive, manifesting your own dream girl persona & self-marriage are all up for grabs!" Pretty awesome! So, to start things off right, I went out and bought a moleskin, drew a giant anatomical heart on the front and got to work keeping track of my month of radical self love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm marrying myself in a month. Always knew he was my boyfriend and lover. and the desire was too much to hold back...