Speak up. Speak out. Be heard.




Friday, April 2, 2010

Consider this a mix tape of sorts.

I've been making mix cds, posting virtual mixes, and youtube playlists all over the place lately. This is no exception. I've always been into music. Deep in love with it. I worked for a record label I really like last summer and got the chance to DJ in San Francisco which is something I've always wanted to do. Just the fact that I could play Beat Happening made me swell with joy. It's spring now. I'm drinking coffee now. Here are some bands I'm into.

Explode Into Colors See this band live. No, seriously. You think it sounds good here? Nothing compares to seeing them live.



Mika Miko I LOVE THESE LADIES! What up 1990?!



The Raincoats One of my all time favorite bands.



Brilliant Colors The best band I saw at the Slumberland Anniversary party (besides Go Sailor of course!)

>

Dear Nora Another one of my very long time favorite bands. Is it bad that I used a video that I made?



YACHT They are SO AMAZINGLY FUN! On top of having amazing messages in every song. This is my favorite song of theirs right now.



Lo-Fi-Fnk I randomly found this band and sort of realized they will be my summer soundtrack. My Cut Copy of 2010.



Cut Copy



Beat Happening The band I loved enough to get tattooed.



Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros Just so good...



The Trons WE'RE BEING REPLACED!

No comments: